Super simple and delicious, these Coconut Pyramids have been a popular gluten free favourite in our Bakery for years. Enjoy making this traditional teatime treat at home.
Tip: If you don’t like Cherries, try experimenting with other candied fruits or by dipping the points in melted chocolate after baking and once Pyramids are cooled.
- 7 Egg Whites
- 1 lb White Granulated Sugar
- 1 lb Desiccated Coconut
- 6 Glacé Cherries – Cut in halves (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 170-180°C, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add in the granulated sugar and desiccated coconut, stirring to combine.
- Leave the mixture to soak for an hour, allowing the egg whites to absorb the sugar and coconut.
- Using your hands create 12 evenly shaped pyramids/cones, lightly wet hands with cold water first to help stop the mixture sticking too much. Don’t worry about achieving perfect shapes – this adds to the rustic charm!
- Finish by topping each pyramid point with a Glacé Cherry half and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool on tray.
If you try these at home we would love to see - remember to share and tag us on Instagram or Facebook!