We're back with another classic treat for you to try at home. This time it was Ruth's (from our bakery team) turn to share one of her favourite bake at home recipes and this one is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Those of you that know Ruth will know that Baked Cheesecake is one of her absolute favourites and this decadent, rich dessert is guaranteed to impress.
Tip: if you're a chocolate lover then try using a chocolatey biscuit for your base. Ruth recommends using chocolate digestives!
Makes 18 individual or a 9 inch round
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 625g Cream Cheese
- 150g Butter
- 300g Crushed Biscuit
- 300ml Double Cream
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 170-180°C, for individual cheesecakes pop muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Put the biscuits into a strong, clean plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Gently melt the butter before combining the melted butter with the crushed biscuit and stir together to an even consistency.
- Put the biscuit mixture into the bottom of your 9 inch cake tin or split evenly between your muffin cases.
- In a bowl, beat together the caster sugar, cornflour and cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the eggs, double cream and vanilla essence.
- Add your eggs, double cream and vanilla essence mixture to your bowl of cream cheese, caster sugar and cornflour and use a whisk to combine the two mixtures together.
- Pour your cream cheese mixture into your muffin cases or cake tin and pop into the oven and bake until firm but still with a wobble. Be careful not to over bake your cheesecake. Baking times: individual muffin size cheesecakes require approximately 20 - 25 minutes; 9 inch round cheesecake requires approximately 40 - 45 minutes.
- Once baked, let your cheesecake cool for as long as you can bear it before adding a topping of your choice to finish.
If you try these at home we would love to see - remember to share and tag us on Instagram or Facebook!